I feel like I just have to do a full post on these liquid lipsticks from TheBalm Cosmetics! This isn’t my first time trying the brand, but it was the first time properly trying their liquid lipsticks! I want to firstly thank TheBalm Cosmetics team for kindly sending products out for me to try and show you guys, it’s honestly a dream, and the quality of these lippies is insane!
As always, I will be giving you guys some background info on the products, pros and cons and my overall thoughts.
Here are the details for the liquid lipsticks, some of these claims have been taken from TheBalm website, they are as follows:
- Retail for £14.99/$17 each, but are often on major offer deals so be sure to grab them on offer if you do!
- Long-wearing formula with a comfortable matte finish and no commitment issues
- Non-clingy feel
- Available at various different retailers such as Debenhams (click here to shop), Superdrug (click here to shop), Justmylook, Look Fantastic (click here to shop) and more
- Paraben free (to my knowledge)
- Cruelty free (to my knowledge)
I was pretty proud of these swatches, so you can take a look at them below with and without shade names!
- Applies beautifully, if using a lip liner, you can easily spread the product out with a brush for an even and light application, whilst maintaining the pigmentation. My sister says for her lips she required 2 layers for the full pigmentation, as she has some of the darker colours, I also heavily line my lips with liner, so that’s why I may not need as much.
- Lasts very well, I managed to get about 4-6 hours wear out of mine without needing reapplication
- No groggy inner white line, the colour just fades slightly and can easily be reapplied
- No feeling of dryness, just dries down perfectly matte
- No sticky, or tacky feel when lips are pressed together
- Minty smell, also gives a tingly, plumping sensation to the lips
- Extremely lightweight, I could barely feel there was anything on my lips
- VERY similar to the Huda Beauty liquid matte formula, these can come in at a close second to their formula, just for a fraction of the price (but shades are not as exactly the same)
- There’s a decent range of colours, I luckily recieved 5/18 shades, there are a lot of pinks and reds, would love to see some darker and extended nude shades!
- The minty smell and sensation is not the best for your lips long term, I read upon it, so it’s best to use a lip primer/good lip balm that doesn’t have any extra added scents to it as a barrier of protection
- The shade range is limited to a few colours, pinks and reds
- There is a little transfer, so do be careful with wiping or touching your lips etc.
Overall, I actually really like these liquid lipsticks, my cons really were picking out the tiny improvements that don’t make much of a difference (excluding the minty element). I definitely would repurchase these, especially since the price-point isn’t bad at all for the quality. My current go-to has been the shade Charismatic, it’s such a perfect nude for every day wear, I tend to wear this with my Rimmel Cappuccino lip liner (as always, they need to send me a lifetime supply of these).
I’m actually going to be doing more regular reviews, so comment what you would love to see on my website and I’d love to try and make it happen!
Until next time, lots of love,