So I’ve been trying to keep up with the blogging as much as I can, as I grow, thankfully I’m recognised by more brands and companies, but with that also comes the work (so freebies aren’t always freebies). I was kindly gifted these liquid lipsticks from Pixi Beauty (Pixi by Petra), as a part of their Rose Essence Collection.
I’ve managed to try them out, and get a feel for what I think about them. The formula seems to be pretty consistent across all colours (5/6 were sent to me) so the main shade I was interested in was Au Naturelle.
As always, I will be giving you guys some background info on the product, pros and cons and my overall thoughts.
Here are the details for the liquid lipsticks, some of these claims have been taken from the Pixi Beauty website, they are as follows:
- Retail for £16 each
- Extremely longwearing & comfortable, infused with rosehip oil
- Quickly sets to a matte veil while leaving lips hydrated
- Colours are universally flattering and wearable
- Colour applies smoothly and uniformly in a single stroke
- Unique Pixi Petal applicator provides even and precise application
- Not tested on animals (YAY cruelty free!)
- Paraben free
You can purchase these from these places (click retailer names to shop):
UK – Beauty Expert
I managed to swatch all of these babies, hoping that Pixi Beauty would also notice me, but I’ll let it slide this once! Here are the swatches below:
*UPDATE* I received more shades recently (October 2018) so I’ve added the additional swatches of the new shades for you below!
I’m going to be discussing a few of these claims too, as I don’t think all are convincing after trying, but here are my pros and cons of these:
- Comfortable on the lips
- Moisturising, they don’t dry out your lips
- The shade range is very versatile, as there is something for everyone (in my opinion)
- Fairly matte when first applied
- Very pigmented (I thin it out with a lip brush so it doesn’t feel as heavy on the lips)
- Long lasting
- LOVE the packaging, its so cute and compact
- The liquid lipstick applicator is surprisingly lovely, and its a petal shape! It definitely makes application much easier for me
- They have a nice smell, not too overpowering
- The colour actually stayed on my lips for most of the day, it still didn’t look to bad after about 8 hours of wear, I only touched up in the middle of my bottom lip
- Can dry lips out after a few hours
- Reapplication is needed after a few hours, it is a pain, looks a bit groggy if reapplied
- Causes the ‘white line’ effect on inner bottom lip
- Exposes cracks/lines on lips, especially when reapplied
- Especially after eating, causes that gross look on the inner corners of the mouth
- Quite expensive for what they are
Overall, I actually think the positives on this formula outweigh the negative, meaning I can actually give the negatives a slide as I don’t mind too much. In an honest world though, would I pay the RRP of £16 each for these? Probably not, I already hunt for discounts on a daily, and I feel as though they could have priced these for £12 each at most.
I would however recommend these if you want something lightweight on your lips but is completely opaque and doesn’t require lots of application or layers, I think that’s the winner for me with these. It really does depend on your level of comfort, and what type of lips you have. If you have a lot of cracks etc, this may not be the best for you. However, with all of that being said, these liquid lipsticks are nearer to the top of my list of formulas, I also really love the rosehip oil element.
I will be doing a review of the skincare received in this collection separately as I am currently testing it out!
Get £10 off your SPACE NK order + free delivery by clicking HERE to get your unique link.
Click HERE to check out all my discounts and money off links!
Until next time, lots of love,