So whilst I’m writing up my review for the Nars Sheer Glow foundation, I thought it would be awesome to give you all my thoughts on the Iconic London Sculpt and Boost Eyebrow Cushion!
I’ve been testing this product out for a while now and feel like I can give you my honest opinion. I would like to add that I was kindly gifted this product by the brand as I often work with them but I can assure you that won’t be affecting my opinion as this post is nor sponsored or paid.
So, the brow cushion is claimed to be a ‘game changer’ as I personally have not seen anything like it on the market, so I was super intrigued by this product. The product itself, is situated in the sponge, and when pressed down, liquid product is dispensed. It’s quite interesting really as the liquid is very rich and pigmented, so the idea is that you are able to create defined but also natural looking brows as the product can mimic individual hairs.
Here are some swatches of the product, I did some basic swatches and some in the shape of brows to show you how buildable the product is and just for fun!
The Sculpt and Boost Eyebrow cushion has the following important details that need to be noted:
- Retails for £26.99
- Limited edition product
- Can be purchased on the Iconic London website (CLICK HERE) or Cult Beauty (CLICK HERE)
- Comes in 3 shades: Fair, Medium (I use this shade) and Deep
- VEGAN and cruelty free
- Supposed to mimic micro blading effect
- Waterproof and smudge proof formula
- Includes 2 shades in each individual compact along with a double ended brush with a spooly and thin brush and a mirror.
- Contains Vitamin E to stimulate brow growth
Below, I’m going to list what I personally feel are the pros and cons of the product, so here goes:
- Sleek gold packaging, looks luxurious
- Highly pigmented and rich colour, so not much product is needed for me personally
- Comes in 3 shades, so there is something for everyone
- The formula is vegan and cruelty free! So for all my ladies looking for one step closer to halal makeup, this is great for you, and my ladies who just want guilt free makeup, this is also fabulous for you!
- There is a dark defining shade, and a lighter shading shade in each compact.
- The brush is so good and travel friendly! I LOVE how thin the brow brush is, you can create amazingly thin hair strokes.
- Waterproof and smudge proof formula so lasts all day, but not hard to take off with a makeup remover (I think this is amazing). For all my women who wear a hijab, you’ll know the struggle of half your eyebrow rubbing off onto your scarf.
- Dries down in just the right amount of time
- Quite expensive for a brow product. With that being said, Iconic ALWAYS do offers on their website, for example, the other day they had a £10 off offer on a £20 spend, so technically you could get the compact for £16.99, cheaper than the ABH dip brow pomade.
- Packaging can be a hassle to open and close
- May potentially dry out quicker if not taken care of properly
- The outer packaging can get a little mucky with fingerprints, but nothing that can’t be wiped off.
Upon first looking at this product I was like, what? How does it work? So I’ve included their short step-by-step guide taken directly from their website with my mini comments, incase you’re a beginner.
Step 1 – Use the brush end of the applicator to brush your natural eyebrows into place (and take of any excess dirt)
Step 2 – Bounce the angled brush end into the cushion to apply the product (don’t push down too hard because then you’ll end up dispensing too much)
Step 3 – Working in the direction of the hair growth, apply short-light brush strokes of colour to create your desired effect, working the lighter shade towards the front and the darker shade towards the tail of your brow for a customised effect
Step 4 – The quick-drying formulation allows you to re-apply and build up the intensity and fullness where needed (this is very true)
Step 5 – Remove with an oil-based makeup remover (works fine with normal soap, and normal makeup remover, I have tried and tested!)
Overall, I REALLY like this product. You can create sharp brows if you want, or natural brows due to the buildable intensity. I have personally moved away from Instagram brows, so I don’t reach for my ABH dip brow pomade as much as I used to (but that still is a good product, shame they upped the price). I would certainly repurchase this!
Lots of love,